Friday, August 29, 2008

*Wannabee* Ace of Cakes






Ever since I was a little girl I have always wanted to learn how to decorate cakes. My mom had this neat book on all these different kinds of cakes to decorate. I can't tell you how many times I just looked and looked at that book. I remember for my 9th birthday that she made me this special cake that had poodles made out of sugar. I loved it!

So as my life has gone on I kind of gave up on learning cake decorating since I had so many other fun hobbies and felt that I didn't have time or energy for another one. Then I'm in a position now for free Wilton cake decorating classes at Michael's because I work there. I resisted and resisted for months and then July I decided to give it a try. What's really fun is that my sweet Jess is taking the classes with me and my friend, Wendy, is the Wilton instructor! Jess and I have had lots of fun learning together. Some of it has come really easy, others really hard like it took 'til Course 2 to realize that I had been doing the rose BACKWARDS...no wonder it felt so difficult. Jess has a real flair for it. Not surprising since she's so artistic. I'm including some pictures so you can see our creations. Oh! I even got Chandler to come one day when we were creating cupcakes! Enjoy the pics and YES the cakes were divine!

See the next post for more pics!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool cakes! Well done! That basket weave thingy is waay cool too! Eatable art! Wahooo!

House Family said...

Neat Sharon...fun that you have this opportunity to do something you have always wanted to do...and with sweet Jess...I'm thrilled for you two...nice pictures on your post too!! Miss you Sharon!
Deb