Saturday, April 19, 2008

Fun

Trevor's letter of acceptance came this week from Central Washington University. He is so tickled and so are we! I'm not looking forward to him being gone come fall, but they have an excellent metal working shop there and will give Trevor even more experience. He eventually wants to own and run his own metal working business after mission and college.

I could go on about the adventures of my tooth but instead I'll talk about the value of having fun as we go. Last night I went to scrapbook at Krista's. Jess and I rode up together. It took us awhile to get going because we started out the evening with a jewelry party. Nice stuff but I didn't decide to get anything. I usually wear a lot of my jewelry as an afterthought. So I didn't think it was a good idea to spend some more money on it just because. Connie was so tickled that she won the door prize of some cool earrings. Jess and I worked on making explosion boxes to eventually go on our Etsy site. We had some fun with the Cricut. Jess got quite a bit done on the baby boy box and I couldn't get rolling on mine. So I had some fun helping Krista with her layout. Love her idea of her and Connie buying new cartridges for the Cricut and pitching in with a mat here and there! I'm so excited that I get to share this new, cool tool with everyone! We decided that at around 12:30 am or so Krista was out of adhesive and we needed to make a WalMart run. What really happened last night was that I had fun and laughed a LOT. Always worth a bit of lost sleep when I've been able to do that and forget my cares for a time.

Can't wait until May 3rd for my National Scrapbooking Day party! If you're in town, come on by, make sure to bring the chocolate!

1 comment:

talitha said...

I am glad to see that things are looking up!

Big congratulations to Trevor--what a fun time for him!

Wishing I were joining in with the scrapbook and laughing...but SO glad that you have it to enjoy!

T