Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Family History

I just wanted to write about the new and exciting thing that I'm doing now. I am doing Indexing for the Family Search program that is by the Church. When I signed up I wasn't sure what exactly I would be doing but I had been feeling a pull to do some family history work but didn't see how I would get organized enough to do where Mom had left off. So I went to the website and when the first page came up it brought me straight back to being a kid and doing genealogy with Laura and Mom. There in front of me was a scan of a census from 1910. So cool!! What I do is transfer the information from the census sheet into the table/boxes on the computer and then when I'm done I send the batch in. It goes pretty quickly and the boys and Dan are so impressed that I'm doing this and Ransom reminded me to say a prayer to be able to read it correctly. Sweet boy! Dan is going to sign up too. I think he'll really enjoy it as well. Dan says that I'd probably start having angels surrounding me as I worked. Sounds like a good idea to me!

No comments: